The 2017 Start



I know I tried this a year ago and I failed miserably. This was mainly due to not having time and then everything changing and then before I knew it my whole world kind of spinned upside down.

Now I want to create this new start for me. This is a place where I can share my thoughts, ideas, creative outflow, whatever. If anyone wants to share that with me that is great. Nevertheless, I am doing this for myself.

2017 is a new year and this new year has so many things open.

Since 2016 ended with a faceplant on the cement floor in the working world, I can only hope that this next year will be so much better and hopefully I will be able to know what I want.
Last year, I started the year in one job that I didn't enjoy to the fullest but I didn't completely hate either. Then I started a new job at the halfway point and I honestly thought things were turning around and I finally am able to do that what I want. How wrong I was. However, I learned from this.

I am still not quite sure what I want in life and the pressure is constantly growing. Being 24 and seeing how most of my school and university friends have either settled into new jobs, bought houses or are engaged (and some married); it is crazy unsettling thinking of what I am meant to do. I don't have a job I'm settled in. I don't own a house, flat or room even, and I am no where near ready or will ever be ready to enter the world of engagement/marriage with everything that follows. I am 24 and I am basically starting of from scratch.

That's what a new year is for right? Starting of fresh?

Most people always make themselves new years resolutions that I promise to keep but end up forgetting after the first month. I know what I am speaking of because I am exactly one of those people. That is why this year, this 24 confused girl, has decided to make no resolutions except one which is to take care of myself. I know, it's very vague. But think back to the time you last thought about yourself and your own well-being. Once you are able to know who you are and know in what place you stand that's when most things end up falling into place. At least this is what I believe.

So here's to the new year. Let it be better than 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment